Idaho Falls Auto Repair
Reliable & Timely Repairs
To Get Your Car Back On The Road!
Not Sure What’s Wrong? Here Are Some Possible Answers
- High-pitched squealing when you brake – It sounds terrifying because it’s supposed to. Many brake pads come with brake pad indicators, small devices that rub against your rotor when your brake pads start to wear down too much.
- Squealing under the hood – It could be a loose or worn down serpentine belt, which transports power to various auto components – the alternator, A/C, power steering pump, and water pump.
- A coin rattling around in a clothes dryer – If you hear this while moving at low speed only for it to go away once you hit higher speed, it could be a loose lug nut inside your hub cap.
- “Rur rur ur” (grumpy cat sound) – This indicates your battery is having trouble powering your engine. Maybe it’s your battery’s time to die, maybe it’s running out of juice, maybe it just needs a jump.
- Rumbling & roaring from the rear of your truck – Usually emitting from under the driver’s seat, this sound indicates a crack or leak in the exhaust system’s manifold (meaning all of the noise your engine makes is entering the vehicle).
- Squeaking or groaning sounds when you turn the wheel – This indicates a problem with your power-steering system.
- Flapping sound when you run the A/C – This is typically caused by a ventilation flap having become misaligned, worn down, or loose – hence, it starts to flap.
- Sweet – Usually the result of antifreeze leaking from your cooling system.
- Sulfuric (rotten eggs) – It may be that the catalytic converter has gone bad.
- Electric (burnt toast) – This is often the result of overheating components or short circuits in the electrical system.
- Rubber – This is most likely a problem with a belt – it could have either slipped or is getting chewed up by a pulley.
- Musty – This is likely mold in your A/C system, which is more common in older vehicles due to the A/C evaporator collecting moisture over time.
- Gas – Smelling gas after your engine warms up could mean you have a loose gas cap or there’s a leak or clog in the evaporative emissions control system (this system contains and recycles fuel vapors).
Experienced Mechanics To Provide A Complete Auto Care
Our full-service Idaho Falls auto repair shop is located about 500 feet West of the Iona/Hitt round-about on Iona Road. Owned by Chris and Shana, C&S Auto Repair has an experienced team of certified auto mechanics who will work together to get your vehicle checked, and up and running properly again.
Chris Neal has had multiple ASE Certifications – Complete Auto Repair, Brakes, A/C Repair, Engine Performance, and Engine Repair, to name a few. Shana has over 30 years of customer service experience, 12 of which as a service writer and technician assistant.
Finding The Right Idaho Falls Auto Repair Shop Can Be Tricky
Here’s What You Should Look For In An Auto Mechanic
Professional Customer Service
Good mechanics know how to listen, even if it means reading between the lines when someone is explaining the problem to them. Many people don’t know the ins and outs of their vehicles, so good mechanics can interpret the reported symptoms and get a good idea of what the diagnosis is or know where to start to diagnose the problem.
Our Idaho Falls mechanics have gained a reputation for honest and effective service.
We can not only tell you the problem but show you as well. We can also explain in detail what we can do to fix it. If you have questions, don’t be afraid to ask!
The Right Credentials
Our mechanics are ASE certified and have plenty of years of experience in the automotive repair industry. Combined certifications include:
Air Conditioner Repair
General Auto Parts
Electrical Repair & Electrical Diagnosis
Routine Oil Change
High Quality Labor Practices
You don’t want to take your vehicle to Idaho Falls auto repair services whose mechanics use short-cuts or find the easy solution just because the right solution is more challenging.
You want auto mechanics who want what’s best for your vehicle as much as you do.
Our mechanics treat your vehicle like their own.
Take a Virtual Tour of Our Shop
When It's Time For Your Car Routine Maintenance...
or a full auto repair, C&S auto repair provides vital information so you know ahead of time what to expect and have the right details to make smart decisions.
To determine the car repair cost, contact us today. You’ll not only be an informed customer, but you’ll also know that you’re paying a reasonable price for the goods and services you receive. Each estimate details labor and parts prices as well as the member discount available at our shop.
You’ll save money on car repair and maintenance, inspections, at our shop. In addition, C&S Auto Repair shops offer reliable and trustworthy service. Our shop undergoes a comprehensive investigation and meets stringent standards.
Every bay has a qualified mechanic who can inspect your car and service it with high-quality auto parts. Trust all of your automobile maintenance requirements to a C&S Auto Repair facility, whether you require a regular oil change, your tires rotated, or extensive auto repair. Call us today to schedule a free car inspection performed by one of our ASE Certified Technicians!